View Single Post
Old 2021-07-06, 23:50   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The OP does imply that with that shot of them with their eyes hidden. If looping again and again can make people better persons, can't the opposite be true? Being injected so many times and committing all those horrible acts might make them go crazy for good. Of course, I expect there'll be a solution to save them if that's the case.
That might be the only way to make this seemingly pointless series of flashbacks more tolerable. Not that it completely takes away from that empty feeling. But it would make for a twisted kind of amusing turn of events.

I'd wonder how that wasn't an issue in the original series. Or how Tomitake having been drugged consistently throughout Takano's reign didn't drive him nuts regularly. But best not to. Since I'd then have to wonder why Tomitake killed himself within hours of getting injected while Rena is going days without doing so. But maybe the vials have a spectrum of levels they can trigger and I just didn't pay attention.

It would be fairly appropriate punishment for Satoko to have things spiral out of control due to overusing those drugs. But of course this girl cares nothing for her own life and might not see it as a huge problem. So long as she can break Rika then she can spend a few hundred loops trying to ease down her "friends" and continue aiming for her utopia.