View Single Post
Old 2021-05-21, 15:47   Link #1238
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do you think sales for the PS5 version for the remake are going to totally tank? There aren't that many PS5 in circulations and the majority of players interested in this Remake most likely own it on PS4 and can just upgrade for free. Furthermore, it was revealed the Yuffie DLC isn't even on the disc, you just get a download code. So really no reason to double-dip if you own the PS4 game.
To begin with, I think that their strategy with the Yuffie DLC (i.e. those who already have bought FFVII for PS4 will have to buy it separately) is one way to ensure that there is some profit to be made in the PS5 version.

Other things to consider:

1. There are some people who will wait for a "complete" version of a game (i.e. a version with the main game and all the DLC) to come out before buying it. That is what we're looking at when it comes to FFVII Remake for PS5: the complete version.

2. Another strategy that Sony has been doing is that free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 is only for those who have actually bought the game. Those who have the game as a result of picking it up for free via Playstation Plus will have to pay to receive the PS5 version when it comes out.