Thread: Crunchyroll Odd Taxi
View Single Post
Old 2021-04-28, 09:11   Link #30
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Long story short, it can be a dangerously addictive game genre, and one has to exercise a good amount of discipline and self-control, or the spending will get completely out of hand. I'm of the opinion that some of these games are getting very close to requiring gambling regulations.
Throw Fortnite, FIFA, Counter-Strike and the like in with them. Peer pressure, the need to feel you're better than everyone in some way. This is why I only buy indie games now. Hades, Spiritfarer, Return of the Obra Dinn and others have been utter epics for relatively low one-off prices. The eternal grind mechanic of gacha and mobile gaming in general disgusts me as does the devs I encountered a few years ago saying mobile gaming is the only version worth making and that content is irrelevant. So I feel no sympathy for that fool aside from that someone should have had the decency to get him help. For an episode that decided to focus on only one character, it turned out pretty well.

Quote:
Back on point, Odd Taxi continues to fascinate. Many have pointed to Durarara as an earlier example of a similar non-linear narrative structure
That and Baccano certainly are, but Narita's style and characters have never been anything I can tolerate. So I'd like to think this title can pull it off while being very unlike those two titles.

Well, another good episode. Certainly hope it has an ending in mind. Thanks to a certain January title, I can't rule out the possibility this title may have a decent journey but not know what it wanted to do in the end.

PS. Eff gacha.