Thread: Crunchyroll Odd Taxi
View Single Post
Old 2021-04-27, 06:59   Link #27
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It seems to me the line was drawn because it was decided that the games were targeted at children.

Quote:
Belgium's Minister of Justice, Koen Geens, was keen to focus on how children are confronted with loot boxes, calling the mix of gaming and gambling "dangerous for mental health".
All that aside, I don't want to detract too much from the thread. I'll just add that I'm thoroughly enjoying how Odd Taxi is using its non-linear structure to great advantage, in telling the story of "nobodies" — "dead beats" whom we might pass by on any other day, and not give a second thought to.

We are, each and every one of us, the protagonist in the "movie" of our lives. But life is not fair, and some stories will always be more interesting than others. How you go about making peace with yourself, for the mistakes you've made, and for the roads you've not travelled, is a large part of life itself.

You can't control what life throws at you, but you can control your reaction to it. And for better or worse, your reaction will have an effect on others. Odd Taxi is doing a terrific job at drawing those connections together.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote