View Single Post
Old 2021-03-27, 12:01   Link #623
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait. I thought his book was getting updated regularly which is why he was so upset it was burned since he doesn't know what to do next. So how did he know he would have to survive 400 years? And how can he know for sure only Subaru can help him revive Echidna?

Even if he achieves his goal, why would he stop body-hopping? I'm pretty sure he'd want to stay by Echidna's side for eternity. I'm not so sure she would actually allow it though. This is a woman who tricked her "daughter" into waiting all alone for a person who doesn't exist. I doubt she gives a shit about Roswaal, or anyone else besides herself for that matter.
It does update, but the gospel only gives him a general idea how to go about achieve an the path needed to take it. So he could have known about Subaru for centuries not necessarily recently.

As for the bodysnacthing, Roswaal has no interesting in immortality. He only did out of practicability, same reason why he put out a hit on Betty and his staff. There is nothing that says he thinking about continuing it forever because at this point he focused on reviving Echidna and moving on from there. As I pointed out Ram was not even in his consideration. he actually perfer she hated him because that way easier for him to live on with his guilt. But because he actually cares about her not so much as love interest but partner it make his relationship Ram more complicated now.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote