View Single Post
Old 2021-03-17, 06:30   Link #43
marvelB

There's a translation out. Basically, it's confirmed that Nasciens isn't really a villain, but a misunderstood eccentric who apparently has good intentions for his creepy experiments (further evidenced by the fact that Dolores defended his actions). I also agree that he'd be a good candidate for the "Plague" knight due to his expertise with drugs and poisons. Plus, he even has a distinctive pair of weapons (which are powered by magic, as Percy points out). Wonder how that new drug of his will affect Percy? Maybe it'll just make his hair grow even bigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for chapter 8:
Hmm, I wonder about that. True, Nasciens implied Dolores was his sister, but we still don't know the full context of their relationship. Furthermore, I did a bit of digging around, and discovered that Suzuki hinted in a recent Q&A (from the "Untold Stories" book released after NNT ended last year) that NNT's Dolores may still be alive, after all! As translated by MH's FKS:

Quote:
Q: Dolores made her appearance in this gaiden but ended up not reappearing ever again. Does that mean she is dead?
Nakaba: No, I didn't draw a scene where she's dead so she must be alive, right? To tell the truth, I considered drawing an episode where she's in fact alive due to Matrona's judgment to mark her off as dead but people'd comment on me bringing her now of all times, so I didn't draw it in the end.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
And something else interesting to note: Around the time of the second Vaizel arc in NNT (the arc where we're introduced to the respective fairy and giant kings Gloxinia and Dolor as members of the Ten Commandments), Suzuki had actually planned to bring back Dolores in that arc's tournament, but scrapped the idea:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So tl;dr, there really IS a possibility that this Dolores could be the same one from Diane's gaiden, despite her different appearance....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote