View Single Post
Old 2021-02-18, 10:50   Link #96
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I'm being straight up:

I find this to be the worst episode so far this season. It seems this episode was trying to cover too much content at once. I felt that the pacing should've been slowed down. So we can properly see how things occurred and played out. And it felt that a good chunk of Vol. 11's content was cut out. For what was covered in this episode.

Including this episode, there are 7 episodes left in the season & 2 Volumes worth of content to cover. So you'd think Vol. 11's content would be better covered with more episodes left over; using 3 or 4 episodes out of the remaining 7. Which would make it better paced out. Unlike how Vol. 9 was covered in season 2 with only 1 episode. But no, they just had to use a series of "short-cuts" to go through a good chunk of Vol. 11 with this "puppet show". Unless...

Was the "puppet show" actually a part of Vol. 11 in the Light Novels, or was that just an anime only thing to provide a series of "short-cuts" to get through a good chunk of Vol. 11's content this episode? (I'm seriously asking this).

One more thing; there was one concern that I had going into this season; animation quality in it's action sequences. I expected this episode (or this part of the season) to answer it. Which it did. And here's my response to that;

"Your animation quality STILL leaves much to be desired!!"

I guess that's what happens when NHK (Producer of Log Horizon's anime) takes a series that's originally aimed towards teens/adults, and have it's anime toned down to where it's kid friendly. And also air it on a kids tv channel. Can't show anything that's either too flashy, too brutal, too intense and/or too violent on a kids tv channel.

Great quality animation does make action scenes look great. But at the same time it tends to make it look either too flashy, too brutal, too intense and/or too violent. Which you can't show on a kids tv channel.

Thanks a lot, NHK.

They still cut less than previous season. It seems, the production team just don't like Kanami volumes for some reason.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote