View Single Post
Old 2021-02-10, 17:24   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
More to the point, it seems like beyond that influx the people themselves were heavily swayed by the plans put forth for the new Round Table. And frankly, first thing I thought was "this is how campaigning should be". I'd absolutely love to see an election where the people running only presented their goals, how they planned to achieve them, and their own personal qualifications. Every time I see a campaign throwing punches at their opponent, talking about what awful people the opponents are and such, I feel real contempt toward the people who presented said campaign.
Is that how you saw it? To me it was "Let's not talk about specifics or concrete plans, I'll talk about a few nice sounding ideals. Also, here are the famous people supporting me."

It's better than mudslinging, sure, but it's not ideal. Not that the electorate was ideal either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good efforts on either side though when it came to just swaying people. True enough that it was refreshing to see an election that was about presenting ideas and creating hope rather than one that was all about demonizing their opponent. Even if I don't particularly care for Eins all that much, I wouldn't have wanted to see an election that was about convincing people how evil he was.
He wasn't evil, but I can't help despising him a bit. He wasn't able to convince others of his views, so he tried to force their hands by using the nobility card. And not just any nobility: a divine right hereditary monarch who never did anything for Akiba, wasn't really in a position to do anything for them in the near future, but still fully intended to pull it into his own conflicts.

I'm not saying Eins deserved the guillotine, but since as an adventurer, it wouldn't have killed him, maybe he could have done with a few rounds...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote