View Single Post
Old 2021-02-03, 14:49   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do love Rayneshia as a character. Her inner monologues and reactions to things are just really enjoyable to watch. Because she is really very human in how she responds to situations like this . But at the same time I fully support pushing her as a candidate. Out of anyone that they have available she's got the best shot of actually winning.

At least Eins is aware he's got near zero popularity with the adventurers. While that is a minority of the vote it isn't an unimportant factor. Unfortunately Rayneshia has a harder wall to clear. While the people seem happy to consider Akiba a place of opportunity for themselves, that doesn't mean they approve of it being opportunity for others.

At the core of it while they appreciate personal opportunity they are still more familiar and comfortable in the status quo system. With a Duke like Eins above them and not supporting someone who would dare not accept a political marriage. Hard to overcome those beliefs ingrained throughout an entire life. Tough for the main cast, but pretty expected.

Glad to see that Shiroe has a plan here. Thankfully Eins is so in the lead (and not as clever as Shiroe) that he didn't think to stack the deck even further. Although I'm curious about who Shiroe is bringing in to dramatically shift the voting in their favor. Plus there is the long term factor. This kind of play will probably work this time. But with more time to hammer out election rules and establish a more comprehensive system it likely wouldn't work twice. Would be key for Rayneshia to really establish herself before a future election comes around. But that's a problem for down the road and who knows what the situation will be like then.