View Single Post
Old 2021-01-22, 18:46   Link #35
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You make it sound like they want some consequences, but don't dare to push for them. I'm not sure that's true. I know what they say about malice and stupidity, but in this case, I'm not sure how to pick between malice and cowardice.
Well if they want to set the precedence that hey don't like the results of something? Send in the mob of crazy loonies and put the members of government at risk.

And it's cowardice. DEFINITELY cowardice. Trump and his supporters make it quite open that anyone who dares speak out against him will face retaliation. He did it for four years and for four years the Republicans cowered before it. Their spines surgically removed. They know Trump committed the impeachable offense. It's not even in question as the ones deciding the fate of it are the VICTIMS OF THE ATTACK.

They'll go on and on about how horrible violence is and what happened didn't need to but when it comes time to actually do something about it all there is in result are just excuses, lies, and misdirections.

They have a literal open and shut case and the chance to actually prevent him from running for office again, something Trump will happily dangle the threat of to further control Republicans as it's obviously he'll do it eagerly, yet with the golden opportunity to put that angle of blackmail down forever they dither and make excuses. It's maddening!