View Single Post
Old 2021-01-14, 22:59   Link #193
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Please elaborate, dniv. I don't want to hate this arc but no one has successfully convinced me otherwise.
Sure, for one, this is obviously a parallel to GT3 because it has Uiharu questioning justice and she even goes well what if something bad happened and Misaka goes, well nothing bad happened this time around so it's fine to call it a day. I mean look at the timing when it came out, pretty much right around when and after GT 3 came out. I think the timing isn't a coincidence.

I think that GT3 showed what happened when the adults are gone and the normal safety net isn't there in place.
Spoiler:

Personally, I think that Uiharu is lying to the audience about what she did. And I think that she's downplaying what's really going on because it isn't the right time to bring it up right now. I don't think that Railgun usually leaves things hanging. Like Gensei was behind all the main incidents, and they had him come up later, and resolved things nicely with him in T. I think it's really likely that this is just setup for later. I guess you could say it's not fully certain, but knowing Kamachi, I think he'll make it relevant later either in the main novel or in Railgun.

I think it's fine if it's not fully explained in the novel right now. It's not like the coins in GT 3 are fully explained either, but I'm not knocking that. You just have to take it for what it is. Whatever Uiharu has or is, it's not entirely clear if it's an esper power or something else or how she did it. I think there may be more to this than meets the eye and it just isn't relevant to this arc and that it'll be relevant later. Kamachi clearly aligns his arcs and plans them out to have specific elements at the proper times, so I think it's super unlikely that he backed himself into a corner or resorted into a one time plot armor. That seems incredibly unlikely. I'm almost certain it'll be relevant again since he introduced it now to the story. I'm just curious as to what it is.

I'm still also super curious about the flashback in the latest chapter with Mikoto and those two girls. What was that? Am I missing something about who they were or do you not know either? The timing with how she got interrupted during it gave me weird vibes especially with the thematic timing of her talking to Uiharu just before.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote