View Single Post
Old 2021-01-14, 01:44   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
if we talk about the whole case, the berlin wall case
The Berlin Wall had a completely different role from the AoT walls.

Quote:
is indeed similar but since you only quoted me on the brainwashing part i assumed you only want to focus on the brainwashing.

Eldyan is teached by marley that their ancestors are evil race and has to atone by being enslaved by marley. Isn't this similar with american these days? a lot of them feel guilty and responsible for what Columbus did. I think schools/universities plays a big part in these brainwashing.

Assuming that is true it means that american people has been brainwashed so thoroughly that they feel they're one who is responsible for what england & spain have done in the past. The only element that is still missing is the civil war where the brainwashed self hating americans (enslaved eldyans) start to attack the normal americans (walled eldyans).
Teaching history isn't brainwashing. And like I said, the USA isn't the only country to do that.

Quote:
I never mentioned any of these. Maybe you read someone else's post and mistake it as mine?

the similarities that i mentioned are how the eldyans are put into prison city, have to wear armband, if marleyan suspect them they go stratigh to prison/death sentence without any court. As for the brainwashing, I said it's similar to what happen to americans because i don't think german care about brainwashing the jews so i bring up another country as example.
My point, since you didn't get it, is that the similarities only go so far and the trying to pigeonhole the fictional AoT people into having RL counterparts is of limited merit.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote