View Single Post
Old 2020-12-11, 10:12   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I have to admit, whilst I did figure that there had been some kind of time skip I was a little confused as to what kind of time frame it would be. I feel like a simple Title In at the start saying "4 Years Later" would've alleviated the problem but it wasn't that much of an issue for me anyway.

Cracking episode though. Here we finally get to see what made Reiner, Annie and Berthold the way they are and I guess Gabi the Gabshite plays a significant role in that regard. She's certainly quite the character: The kind of person you'd hate to be around normally but clearly the kind of person you want on your team too - She saved a lot of her comrades that day.

Kinda weird seeing Zeke in the position he was in. He's always been portrayed as a "final boss" type of character thus far so watching him being another team player rather than THE team leader was a curious shift.

The vilification of the Marleyans continues: It's really just impossible to see any redeeming qualities in those people, though more expansion on their geopolitics was interesting. It's all just casually thrown in there but the appearance of yet another side (the Middle Easterns) that the Marleyans were at war with was kind of a bombshell really. My only question is...why Middle East? Is this some kind latent Anti-American sentiment on Isayama's part? Speculative at this point, but I'm certainly curious.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote