View Single Post
Old 2020-11-04, 14:32   Link #43
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spoiler:
Recall that many people in the dark side were forcibly recruited by the city's leadership. Even Hamazura got involved with the plot to kill Mikoto's mom because city leadership threatened to kill him and the rest of his Skill Out group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Agreed, I really hate how the story is trying to justify that not everyone that works on the dark side is evil... which, as you mention, makes no damn sense considering Hamazura himself has taken assassination and kidnapping jobs and who know what other kinds of horrible jobs in the past.
Evil is a pretty strong word, don't you think?

Hamazura never tried to justify anyone's crimes but the reality is that not everyone is the same. I wouldn't compare Gensei with some underling who just drives cars.

Quote:
Meanwhile, here we have Takitsubo who was the one aiming the murderers with pinpoint accuracy at their victims, while Kinuhata and Mugino did the stomping and the killing, of which by the way, Hamazura actively got rid of the evidence himself, but he felt bad that one time so I guess he's been redeemed.
Again, he literally said nothing about himself or anybody else being redeemed. He said Kinuhata and Takitsubo are not as bad as some of the worst people in the dark side, which is actually true.

They certainly don't deserve to get executed by Anti-Skill instead of being arrested.

Quote:
There's also the fact that to work for the dark side you not only have to know about all of the heinous disgusting shit going on and that are being done by the people you work for and help, but also you have to actively ignore it and let it happen.
That's quite a leap when we know Aleister was deliberately parceling out information to them piecemeal so no one knew everything.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2020-11-04 at 14:51.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote