View Single Post
Old 2020-10-20, 06:31   Link #30
Twi

I think the Mental Out model was meant to be a pseudo-replacement for losing Exterior, but I don't think being locked to their skill is a real problem for Mikoto given how much versatility she has. Electricity, Magnetism, and Iron Sand weapon and puppets, Hacking, etc. In her case, its probably just a matter of power-output on top of actually understanding concepts of magic or giving her electricity properties that can actually hurt magical constructs and such. Like if she rebuilt the A.A.A but used the Will of the network since that's basically a pseudo-Angel and was capable of existing even as the Phases were shifting when Othinus was casually destroying and creating worlds to mess with Touma.

Misaki, on the other hand, is utterly boned if whatever she tries to control isn't human and has safeguards against it, which a bunch of magicians do (albeit leaving them frozen in place). In a way it sort of fits. I think her gimmick with getting a clique is that she finds people who shine while working together (then again, I'm getting this from Astral Buddy) and her talent work best when she's working with Mikoto so they can do things like the Liquid Railgun.