View Single Post
Old 2020-10-19, 01:02   Link #27
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostxlgia View Post
Save Rukia arc is still one of my favourite arcs all-time.
Sereitei (Soul Society) arc I call it, just so we know we're talking about the same thing. I don't care about "exactities" in terms of definitions or names, the ideas are the only thing I care about. Ofc it's one of your favorite arcs, it's one of the best of all time in anime. Even though I consider The Espada one slightly better, it can be said by then you already expected to be wowed, while in Soul Society arc you fully enjoy your 1st contact with awesomeness, and you're like "What's that? What just happened? What did he just do!? That's so f.king bad-ass!"

About the Thousand-Year Blood War Arc (1) and the next one Can't Fear Your Own World Arc (2) which is available only in novels for now. I think the anime will be better than the manga this time because from what I understand and my reading of the manga arc agrees with this: (1) it was rushed by the publishers and Tite didn't get the chance to fully enjoy creating the battle scenes the way he had them in his head; and (2) it's available in games I've played, but I tried not to read anything from the story, at least to leave that much for the anime. That Tokinada is a cool costumer, looks like a cross bread between Aizen and Gin and has the power to back it up. Can't imagine him being stronger than Ywatch (the God of Quincy more or less) but it certainly will be interesting to see how people are going to deal with him some... maybe 2-3 years from now.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-10-20 at 07:24.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote