View Single Post
Old 2020-10-01, 16:51   Link #48
Dextro
He Without a Title

Really neat to hear that old opening during the end of the episode. Also, the V.A. work is absolutely on point with both Reina and Mion doing great with the super serious denials in the middle of all the light-heartedness.

The plot is moving much faster than the original show though which I think might actually be better but I'm finding it hard to judge since a good chunk of what made the original Higurashi so impactful was the slow burn of not knowing what the hell was going on. Now that I know the full story and all that's going to happen it doesn't hit quite as hard.

On the other hand visually I find it looks much more interesting than the previous DEEN adaptation. The character designs look really cute and cartoony in a way that really pops. It works well with the many facial expressions Reina in particular does and the classic "Nipaa!" from Rika.

I'm unsure yet if I'll be able to keep the interest in watching this due to what I said above but it just might be an interesting new take on the story. Though, to be fair, I didn't feel like the first couple of Higurashi seasons were particularly bad unlike many other Deen shows (Did someone say Fate/Stay Night?)