View Single Post
Old 2020-08-23, 13:19   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The reason why Frenda has had such a big role in Railgun is exactly because she dies.

Keeping continuity between Railgun and the main series must be difficult. You can do whatever you want with a character that's going to die later.

Or perhaps the author thought that killing her off in the main series was a bit waste. Maybe the real reason that they put ITEM in Railgun was to give Frenda more screentime, rather than making Misaka and Mugino fight each other.
To be honest (anime only watcher here) I wouldn't have cared about ITEM half as much as I did in Index III without having watched them in Railgun. Maybe that's the anime's fault, but still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
In the original/main/Index ITEM said they deal with SCHOOL sniper days before so the new guy was the sustitute. Recent material as manga and Index III anime specifically mention Rakko. In this point of time Frenda didn't know that Rakko was SCHOOL sniper so the implication is that she return for round 2 and met death.
I guess there's an "out" if they want to tell one more Frenda story and give Rakko an on-screen conclusion.
Quote:
This arc was pretty good but my only, errr, regret I could say is that it seemed to set a conflict between Mikoto gang and SCHOOL. It would have been cool as it would have had Kuroko vs Youbou and Mikoto vs Kakine.
Yeah, I'm kind of ready for the main character to actually do stuff .