View Single Post
Old 2020-08-18, 00:19   Link #24
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It's concerning to me that that's the story that's being spread around in English spheres just because someone claims to be from Japan and in the know, and they're taking that at face value.

Well, that's because this is the story being amplified in JP spheres. And it's a fact she has that Twitcast out and it got leaked by the hackers who broke into her Twitcast archive. Look at the YT and Twitter JP comments as well as those on the JP boards regarding this.....And it's not even disinformation worthy material because there was nothing inflammatory at all in her Twitcast so, I don't even see how to reasonable people it can even be considered as slanderous. Only otaku take it as so

They are literally taking something normal and twisting it around to get people upset over it but when you see it, you just go "that's it? Is there anything wrong?"

Nijisanji was involved because Aloe's fellow utaite friend/acquaintance, Kudou Chitose, was formerly hired by them and Aloe was using said friend's experiences as an example how tough the VTuber industry is. That's all......Nothing more than that

And ofc, this is not Cover's reason for the suspension....Just that this is what is triggering those otaku the most. Their imaginary "purity" being tainted because someone is speaking plainly about their ridiculous standards. If you look through the YT comments on her apology vid, you notice a small core of JP ppl posting about her twitcast and trying to stir shit....Those are the 5ch antis and they are trying to use this to influence everyone else....But regardless, it is still what they are upset over. And there's unfortunately, a lot of neutral JP ppl who believe it without seeing the actual vid and are slamming her. Mostly for "leaking company secrets" without fully knowing the context and extent

Some of the JPers also blame her for causing the private info of herself and her friends to be leaked. Like, they seriously think someone should be punished if they got hacked/doxxed because their carelessness compromised others' privacy.......Fair enough but this isn't going to make her into a privacy guru overnight nor does it deal with issue of the doxxers themselves. Only in Japan can you hack someone's landline and spam them and the owner of the line gets roundly criticized as a villian

But end of day, Cover can't be really trusted either, there's too many cases of incompetence or shoddy management within them for that. If the otaku start dropping them, I can see them abandoning Aloe

And yeah I saw the thing where the breach was traced to Nene also. Highlights even more the need for better practices online

Quote:
When they got to Aloe's account they noticed that she had the gaul to like some Korean tweet
Well, where were they when Chocco and Pekora got swarmed by PRC trolls and nmslese? Or when Cover slowly sell away more of themselves to the PRC market? I don't doubt many of these otaku are stupidly nationalistic also but they are utterly useless in defending anyone

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Examples of either unthinking suspicion, or soft disinformation by antis. The YT comments are full of them. Most of them are the highest upvoted ones. Ironically, some of them also claim foreign supportive comments for Aloe are actually Hololive foreign staff. It's astonishing how the JP comments (hundreds at least) are roundly negative. The worst is when some of these English-speaking antis go on to Reddit and elsewhere to try to sell their cause to foreigners. The dishonesty and bad faith coming out of their mouths smell worse than a sewer

At this rate, I personally won't surprised if all this is engineered by rival companies. Many JP comments are also people turned off by Hololive's shit and considering ditching them.....Was this the desired outcome <__<

And BTW, for people who think she was dissing Cover/Hololive in her Twitcast and thus breaking contract....That was around Oct 4 2019. Before 4th Gen's debut and two months or so after Marine's. It might even be before 5th Gen's auditions (Rmb, Holo 5th Gen ppl stopped their old accounts around March 2020). She also never gave the slightest hint what company it was. Also she hadn't even taken up the job yet whichever company it was and is still technically speaking, free to talk openly. Not that any JP anti would have you know this of course.

As for people like this person here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtualYout...ted_and_kinda/ who think Aloe was lying about Chitose. Well, I'll just say, for the sake of not impacting Chitose's current activities that her identity leak was well known long before this incident. It was alluded to many times and you do not know if Aloe and Chitose know each other personally especially when both are utaite.

7 months.....That's how long Chitose lasted as a VTuber. And it's not like she had bad blood with Nijisanji either. Think about that. I actually am a follower/fan of Chitose's current and past activities prior to her VTubing so I saw that letter she Twitted but we all know official reasons are as diplomatic as possible for obvious reasons. I am not going to say for certain that Aloe is correct in what she says but I won't discount her as lying either. Not when there's a high chance of it being true.

Stop blindly sucking anti dick and use Google. You'll find Chitose's identity has been leaked as far back as May 2019. She first talked of stepping down in June 2019. It's certainly not impossible she left over fears for her own security. She is also known to maintain contact with Nijisanji so it's not like she fell out with the company in general. And again, you do not know if Chitose and Aloe have privately discussed this before. Take it as hearsay and LEAVE IT AT THAT. Chitose is happy where she is now and that's what matters in the end.

And of course, this Twitcast would never have seen the light of day if some anti did not copy and slap in on Nico Nico in the first place

Then again, I won't be surprised if some of those people are English-speaking JP antis or associated with them

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-08-20 at 10:00.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote