View Single Post
Old 2020-07-30, 16:21   Link #95
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm hoping this was actually some kind of shared dream between Subaru and his parents, because if his parents weren't real then everything they said to him in this episode would ring hollow.

Anyway, his parents are really awesome, and I hate the thought they're going to spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened to their son.
The vibe I got was that the parents were constructed from Subaru's memories. I feel like if they were that cartoonishly warm and meddlesome all the time, there's no way Subaru could've kept up being a hikikomori for years. In reality, they had to be more distant and busy.

And actually, they didn't need to do anything, since Subaru has already regained confidence. All he needed anymore was some absolution from the guilt of abandoning his parents. That was simple enough, so he clears the trial pretty quickly. If Subaru had to take this trial right after being isekai'd, it'd probably have been an infinite loop of suffering.

The only mysterious part was the "homework" given by mom. That's not something Subaru would dream up himself, so what does it mean? Was it actually real, or was that a message inserted by the witch?