View Single Post
Old 2020-07-22, 15:01   Link #58
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hearing Echidna describe the other Witches, it sounded like most of them actually tried to benefit the world in some regard, albeit likely in a "we're above humanity so we can just do these impossible things we want to do" kind of way. I always kind of assumed they were this cabal of evil, but it sounds more complicated than that. The only exception seems to be Sloth, who wanted to sleep, Echidna who was greedy for knowledge at any cost, and Satella who killed them all
Mmhm, you get the sense rather than outright evil or good they capacious people who might a have twisted common sense may wouldn't understand.

Quote:
I love how Echidna offers Subaru the opportunity to finally explain everything to him, but he's all like "I don't have time for exposition, just get me back to Emilia." It's so brazen and kind of stupid that Echidna had no idea how to respond. I mean, I'm not sure she wouldn't have just given Subaru some half-truths that served her own benefit, but who walks away from a prime opportunity to finally understand what's going on ?
There no guarantee anything she says would help or much reason to believe whats she says is true. Plus she had him drink her body fluids without warning. He was also currently in predicament where he doesn't know what is happening to Emilia, Otto & Patrasche. Subaru values the safety of his friends before his own personal needs. Its good thing that's his ideology considering what was going on outside.

Quote:
So Sanctuary isn't so much a sanctuary, but a prison. That village looks almost as bad as Raphtalia's village in Shield Hero. How did it end up like that? Was it some kind of curse left over from Satella and Echidna? Why did Echidna even create this place in the first place ?
Well its best not to assume too much. Afterall its a village of mixed-blood demi-humans like Emilia who are not treat well in society.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote