View Single Post
Old 2020-07-15, 14:36   Link #34
Irenesharda

Re Zero2 Ep2

I honestly liked this episode a lot better than the first. There was less action, but instead, we got a lot more plot with a lot of information for possible theories later. My favorite part by far has to be Subaru and Beatrice's talk. Her reaction to seeing the Gospel was totally unexpected and something we've never seen from her. She's usually so apathetic, but seeing how she responded to not only the book but to Betelguese's death was really surprising. She even had a nickname for him in "Guese" leading me to think they were friends at one time?! Well, that was definitely unexpected.

Getting to meet Frederica for the first time, it was interesting that she ended up tricking them according to Roswaal's instructions, I'm guessing as a test for Emilia? And yet, Emilia got taken out of the equation because Subaru took off her necklace too soon. And so now we meet Echidna, the Witch of Greed. I was sure she was Satella from the way she looks like Emilia, but perhaps ALL the witches look alike? I wonder why Echidna is not nearly as infamous as Satella? I forgot the story they told us of the witches back in season 1. I might have to read up on that. Really good episode to get the plot going.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote