View Single Post
Old 2020-07-08, 18:02   Link #7
Irenesharda

Honestly, everything picked up right where it left off, It almost feels like there hasn't been a huge gap between the first season and the second.

Re Zero S2 Ep1: I like that they started things at medias res and you just have Subaru and Emilia talking and you know that this feeling is just way too happy for this series. But then Emilia drops the bomb that I knew was coming in that she totally forgot who Rem was (again...)

Poor Rem, best girl of the series, and she gets sidelined once again. I like that we get to meet the Archbishops of Gluttony and Greed (not nearly as entertaining as Betelgeuse, but I liked them quite a bit.) It's going to take me some time to learn to remember their names though.

I'd say Greed is probably my favorite of the two, he's rather cute and hilarious and I love that the two have the best centerpiece of the episode. After that, we just basically have what I expected to happen. Rem gets "eaten" by Gluttony and everyone loses memory of her. Crusch kind of gets tapped out with all of her memories being stolen as well. Subaru learning that he's been nerfed because his "save point" got moved again. So, honestly, the majority of the episode is Subaru feeling sad and Emilia giving support. It's okay, all things considered a nice setup episode. Had some exciting moments, but it could have been better.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote