View Single Post
Old 2020-07-08, 15:45   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

IIRC, I think we were led to believe the White Whale represented Gluttony (I think Puck called it that), but it was actually just a pet of that kid. Makes sense they would have similar abilities. Felis accused Emilia to be the cause of the Witch cult attacking them, but in this particular case, it's the defeat of the White Whale that made those two move. Not that they have any way to know that, although Puck might have been able to make informed speculations.

For a moment I thought Crush was dead, but I guess the author wouldn't kill a major character like that. At least not when there's no way to save them. Now that I think about it, nobody important has ever died for good. Anyway, I like her so I'm glad she survived. She's more meek than she used to be, but she's still brave and determined.

That Subaru was willing to put in jeopardy everything he had accomplished to save Rem really shows how much he cares about her. Even if he had gone back to his previous save point, I doubt there was a way to save both Emilia and Rem. In a sense, the story/Satella spared him from having to make a really tough choice.