View Single Post
Old 2020-06-12, 22:22   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Oh, Tokkan's right. I misread your post because I thought you were talking about Echidna. She was mysterious VA in the OVA. Satella already has a VA and that's Rie.
Wow, they even have the same voice .
Quote:
Oh her relationship was important, but more of an afterfact thing of previous. She hardly the only person who effect him in that way either up on until that point tho. Emilia had not been by his side and support him throughout the 1st and 2nd arcs he wouldn't even made to 2nd half of the show. Even Betty and Ram's interactions where important to him an extent, just not as much the other two girls.
I think Subaru's been effected by his relationships with all the women in his life and through various loops to some extent but never quite at the kind of pivotal moment as with Rem in my opinion, where she took a Subaru who was utterly broken and helped him re-evaluate himself and his mission and kind of encapsulated the whole theme of the series moving forward.
Quote:
That said proper main heroines to me are characters who have a lot of story central to their own conflict and goal almost just as much of male lead. They aren't just romantic interests. Rem to me is more of wingman who is motivated by her own feelings for Subaru to help him, but doesn't drive the plot on her own like other secondary characters.
That's a fair take.

Rem kind of willed herself into the wingwoman position because she wants Subaru to be happy over herself but she proved to be a strong partner who can help inspire Subaru in her own right .