View Single Post
Old 2020-06-12, 03:35   Link #73
Applehell

The new OP song is quite good. Looking forward to animation.

ANN has new details plus the official site has been updated.

Also the new key visual!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Watching this PV, one could think that Rem was the actual main heroine
I didn't get the vibe at all. She wasn't doing anything all the special other being featured in some fights. The real draw of trailer and where a lot of the discussion on the net has been happening is around the new characters like Echidna and Garfiel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Fair point but no there is no better marketing than shoving Rem in half of the trailer.

They will probably put a lot focus on every scene with her to make up for her lack of screen time. Her fight already looks better than 80% of Re;Zero's first season lol.
You need to watch Re:Zero's fight scenes again if you think this better than majority of them. In fact its pretty in line with what S1 had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think she was definitely somewhat the Main Heroine in terms of the 3rd arc considering Emilia was separated from Subaru for most of it and a lot of that arc hinged on Subaru and Rem's relationship and Rem supporting Subaru. We even got a confession from her and everything.
Its actually why I don't consider her the main heroine. Her character after the second arc became entirely too dependent on Subaru for relevance and lack of personal goal outside of Subaru's romantic interest hurts her more than helps in the long run. With Emilia and Subaru that's just only one part of their relationship which why they end clashing sometimes. TBH, regency bias and Subaru being the POV character gave Rem perception of being a bigger character than she actually was in grand scheme of things. So I'm not surprised that story can continue on well without her, especially since her main role in the 2nd of S1 was to help facilitate Subaru's development after he lost everything rather than it being about herself.

I mean she's fine, but Rem is rather overrated at this point terms of character compared to several others members of the cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Isn't that always the main draw of the show?
Sort of, its not just that. Re:Zero's plot characters and world-building is legitimately interesting and has been its main success. Its also why side novels and media that don't involved Subaru's rewind ability have been well received. Unfortunately the anime doesn't get everything but its been doing a good job integrating what it can't in dialogue through visuals.

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-06-12 at 04:38.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote