View Single Post
Old 2020-05-22, 08:10   Link #30
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Late to the party but it was a great episode with the full multi-colored Dragon Strike reveal. Perhaps they can fix the colours up to match the recent 4K illustration by Kiya Shii but thank God that they didn't go full CGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Yeah, after that controversial "event" that split many fans a few years ago (myself included), which I usually think of as the stupidest thing a human being has ever written in human history (That's just my opinion) I moved away from the main series, now reading more for the sake of having a good laugh. But I mean what has been turned into an anime so far, this epic dragon scene should have been used in the final fight of Index III. That is my impression. That would have been a much more appropriate time.
And in comes LG-MAX with the motherload of terrible ideas once again.

Putting aside the novels and Index III's execution, the Dragon Strike could only have worked here because the entire scene was about the spectacle of the dragon's strength and the clash with the extreme supernatural powers. WWIII's climax was about the revelation of there being a further power behind Imagine Breaker but more importantly about Kamijou's absolute rejection of that almighty power. I.e Index III was about character, Railgun T was about spectacle.