View Single Post
Old 2020-04-17, 22:07   Link #36
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
Log Horizon for me is better than Sword Art Online. I quit SAO middle 3rd season but Log Horizon won't get the same treatment if 3rd season will be released.
So you saying that it doesn't deserve to have better quality?

Quote:
It's been quite a while since 2nd season was finished, I don't quite understand the delay.
There was a severe lack of Source Material. Particularly Official Prints. Season 2 actually got ahead of the Light Novels by the time it ended. There is a "Web Novel" version that's far ahead of where the Light Novels are now, but that's really considered as a "Draft" version to the series. Meaning that changes are likely to be made before they're officially printed.

Then there's also the issue of Mamare Touno (author of the Light Novels), getting charged with Tax Evasion that started in 2015. Which hurt the series a lot by hampering Kadokawa and Mamare of officially printing the series, thus taking it "off the map". Because of that, between the Tax Evasion and now, there were only 2 volumes of the Light Novels that were officially printed. Not much in a 5-year span. There was supposed to be another Volume set to be released in September 2019, but that suddenly got yanked with no apparent reason and no further notice on a new release date.

Quote:
Maybe the 2nd season didn't do as well as expected. It's true that it wasn't as good as the 1st, but it wasn't bad by any measure.
It wasn't paced out as well and there was under-par animation; particularly in it's action sequences.

Example: the first fight against Luseat during the Abyssal Shaft Raid.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There were "tricks" or "work arounds" to make some of the parts where the characters were hitting Luseat look animated. But in actuality, they were hardly moving and the overall screenshots were shaking, if not, slowly panning. Not really an ideal way to send the intensity and impact of a fight to the audience.

For a better assessment on why Season 2 wasn't as good, read Klashikari's post.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2020-04-17 at 22:35.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote