View Single Post
Old 2020-04-17, 20:37   Link #33
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Some unfortunate news: Keiji Fujiwara, who voiced Li Gan/ReGan, passed away a few days ago. Not sure if that'll impact LH or not, but the official DORT twitter posted an in memoriam tweet to honor him: https://twitter.com/loghorizon_DORT/...70838342602754
According to wikipedia, Mr Fujiwara passed away due to cancer. Rest in peace, Mr Fujiwara, it's a terrible day for rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I would actually be okay with that. Human lives do come first. As for the quality, I for sure don't want to see it take another drop in quality (mainly animation) after how Studio Deen handled Season 2. And with them working on Season 3, it doesn't assure me at all. And I also saw the images in the latest tweet. Looks to me that the visuals haven't been improved at all.

However, given that it's the same staff that did Season 2 that are returning for Season 3 and it's been 5-6 years, the only good thing that could happen in that timeframe is if their animation skills improved. Will that actually be the case here?
I think we can only be sure when/if a trailer that shows actual scenes comes up

At the end of the day, it probably boils down to how much Kadokawa and/or NHK is willing to invest in the LogHora anime. It may be easy to put the blame for bad animation on a studio but that's not always true. Take Deen for example, they did LogHora S2 and they also gave us Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū, which is a beautiful piece of work.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote