View Single Post
Old 2020-04-11, 11:37   Link #17
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Marcus the issue isn't pacing it's more the fact that Index's characters outside of Kamijo and Misaka in her cameos are all very bland and simple. Combine that with the massive amount of world building needed and the story drags far more then necessary for a show that has such an entertaining premise.

Railgun meanwhile has far more action far less buildup and it provides you with a better watch along with a much more dynamic character base. I wouldn't call it consistently great but i would admit that you'll get more bang for your buck with railgun.

Another amusing thing i remember seeing a while ago (which is very true) Index is at it's best when Mikoto is involved while Railgun is at it's best when Kamijou is involved.
That's plainly false though. Railgun has small core members which include such "complex" characters like Uiharu or Saten, one shot filler characters or basically just index cameos. Only character that got significantly better in Railgun compared to index is Frenda... for obvious reason.

It's true Index is more about world building, which might be more difficult to adapt.