View Single Post
Old 2020-04-11, 11:27   Link #16
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm still not sure what you mean when you say Garo series have been lacking something since YamiTera. YamiTera is in fact the series that made the most mistakes for me: CGI only armors, armors only used for finishing blows, no Zarubro, no Watchdogs, no good stand alone stories, the knights being all immature jerks (they improved, thankfully). Makai no Hana fixed all of that and was way closer to the spirit of the first series.
The best parts about YamiTera were Rian and some of the Horror designs if I remember correctly. The whole conspiracy with the Horrors was also kind of an interesting take.

I did love that scene in the first episode where Ryuga apologizes to Zaruba for using him to deflect a bullet and you can tell how Zaruba is so done with him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No worries, I'm just trying to understand. Thing is, the very first Garo had plenty of standalone stories too, so it's a bit weird to say series after YamiTera lack something because they don't focus fully on the main storyline. In many ways, YamiTera is actually an exception.

But I get your preferences now.
Yeah, it's kind of a Garo thing to have a lot of standalone episodes until the main plot finally kicks in .

Last edited by Frontier; 2020-04-11 at 11:40.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote