View Single Post
Old 2020-04-03, 16:32   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm surprised they made this as an OVA because it feels like it's extremely important to the greater plot. In fact, I'm even more surprised to read above it's a prequel novel that was released with the BDs.

This OVA made me realize we didn't know anything about Emilia. This fleshed her out a lot. Tons of hints were dropped too. I was wondering who the woman voiced by Maaya Sakamoto was, and it became increasingly obvious over the course of the story that she is Satella. So Puck was protecting Emilia on her orders and was told not to get too close to her. He also had a contract with Satella, he actually used a different word for it (seiyaku?)which I guess means it's more binding than a regular contract. Fire horse believed Emilia is the reincarnation of the witch, and I don't think there's a solid reason to doubt him since he seemed to know his shit. Emilia obviously isn't Satella herself, but I guess she's meant to be her new body.

On an emotional level, this was really good too. Puck and Emilia's relationship is heartwarming.

Really loved this.