View Single Post
Old 2020-04-03, 10:52   Link #7
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I'm confused and curious but also reluctant to try it.
I think you shouldn't. Seen it like a month ago, here's my intake:

Bleach 2018 7.5/10 Middle ways through, I was prepared to give it a 6/10 and say it wasn't a complete disaster like most artistic movie adaptations after anime. But were it not for the last 30 minutes or so! Now that's what movies made after anime should look more like! It seems that the japonese movie makers in conjuncture with Netflix this time have done it!

There were obvious minuses to the anime, 1st hour or so is the best example, but oddly enough the middle and the ending brought pluses over the anime, even as many as 3 of them!
Spoiler:

The movie covers the Shinigami Substitute Arc, 1st 18 or so episodes of the anime, as you would expect. I can say now that I can hardly wait for Bleach 2, Soul Society Arc, if it's anything like the ending of the 1st movie, it's gonna be a solid 8/10 at the very least, considering the quality upgrade in the anime story! Netflix, please do not desert them!

I was tempted to say can't wait to meet Gin, but that quickly turned into I hope they won't make Gin seem like a retard! Same with Yoruichi, Soi Fon and all of them rest Kenpachi, Kommamura, Shunsui, Tosen, etc. It's gonna be a hard production to make if they're serious about it, but the 1st movie was encouraging if nothing else! Bleach has the best characters of any just one anime, it's gonna be a colossal effort to just cosplay them all, not mentioning finding good actors for the parts! It could be a total blunder, but it also has a small chance to be epic! One can be forgiven the hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
but it's also not good enough to be put among the great animanga live-action adaptations like Rurouni Kenshin, Yatterman, Blade of the Immortal, etc.
WOW, DUUUUUDE! Aside from Rurouni Kenshin, I don't know of any anime adaptation that didn't bring shame to it's anime source! (Maybe except Ghost in The Shell! - it could have been better, but it did not completely suck, at least the CGI guys did a fair effort) So I heed you to tell me of all the movies that (incredible) "etc." in your sentence may uphold! I can not believe that "etc."! DUUUUDE! I wanna watch them! Do tell!

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-04-03 at 11:09.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote