View Single Post
Old 2020-03-15, 03:03   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
At this point the only option is to pick a theory of the origin of the virus. Hard evidences are destroyed and there is no access to the source. You can choose to believe whatever China says. They do have a few versions started with the wet market then after that was proven false they moved to the theory someone who worked at Wuhan lab got contaminated from a specimen. I thought I saw a fleeting moment when that was on weibo hot search. Then now China lays the blame on the US. I'm pretty sure if the US wants to attack and destroys China, it would be more deadly and hitting Beijing and Shanghai at the same time. To me, it's not the question of whether the virus was from their lab but rather whether it was intentional or not.

If China has nothing to hide, why not let the international community verify. And people probably don't know many scientists have China's money in their pockets. It's not that China is afraid of losing face or fear that the international community sees them through. China's worst fear is the revolt from their own people. And I admit they have done a great job brainwashing the people hate the US. They're in complete control, psychologically and physically. For those who are currently cursing the US for being big brother, you eventually will find out how it is like when China is big brother after the US falls.

There is a lot of hysteria on social media/ media about the virus. I see drama on there then get on another normal day in real life. The contrast is interesting. The drive across state line is smooth because there was no traffic. Some people at Asian supermarkets are wearing masks. I have some masks from way back when but I'm not even using it yet. There's a stigma.
Hard evidence exists in the viral genome. It is very unlikely to be engineered. If it leaked from a Chinese lab, all it means is that the CCP fails again in exercising control where it is needed, not that this virus is now going to wipe out modern civilization. In other words, where it comes from now, matters more to the CCP saving its own face/ass and maintaining legitimacy in the eyes of its people than for the average person.

And BTW, if it's intentional, it's got to be the dumbest move in the history of the post WWII era. Unleash a pandemic that also affects yourself to what end?

Quote:
They do have a few versions started with the wet market then after that was proven false they moved to the theory someone who worked at Wuhan lab got contaminated from a specimen
That was repeated in the fake "research paper" on the Guangdong scientist's Research Gate. It doesn't look like it's from him and is the work of hackers or trolls. It said some scientist was contaminated after a flock of bats peed on him in the lab. That sounds quite unlikely in any halfway decent animal lab TBH

Quote:
If China has nothing to hide, why not let the international community verify. And people probably don't know many scientists have China's money in their pockets. It's not that China is afraid of losing face or fear that the international community sees them through.
Because if deficiencies in their response are made public they lose ground with their own people? It doesn't suddenly imply they deliberately released a virus for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post

What worries me the most is the possibility of further mutations, atm covid-19 has two strains, but it could return next autumn (which is what happened during the spanish flu pandemia a century ago) with a new strain for the which any immunity already in place i people that survived does not affects it.
The two strain thing is still unclear, might be statistical artifact, but there are numerous mutations already. Not clear yet if there's functional differences though or just mutations in non-functional sites. None so far appear to be affecting the viral antigen binding sites

Quote:
Internationally renowned scientists are probably as respectable as the Havard chemist chief that got arrested for working for Wuhan lab and get paid 50k/ month + some millions from China
Most of the scientists writing papers on this are nobodies like you and I

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-03-15 at 04:34.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote