View Single Post
Old 2020-03-14, 11:54   Link #71
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Of course they knew. They are on edge when it comes to coronaviruses ever since SARS and the way which Wuhan's healthcare system collapsed is enough to cause anyone to lockdown the whole province. They keep quiet to the detriment of everyone in their country and the world at large because it's the CCP......their habits demand they try to sweep everything under the rug until it explodes.

However that is still a very different thing from claiming this is a human engineered bioweapon or other baseless claims that inevitably follow whenever anyone says it's a lab leak.

You realize that this is at the core, a technical issue of medical science yes? Accuracy is important when it comes to such things. Political nonsense from all nations have screwed enough people already and the most nonsensical are these conspiracy theories which help no one
At this point the only option is to pick a theory of the origin of the virus. Hard evidences are destroyed and there is no access to the source. You can choose to believe whatever China says. They do have a few versions started with the wet market then after that was proven false they moved to the theory someone who worked at Wuhan lab got contaminated from a specimen. I thought I saw a fleeting moment when that was on weibo hot search. Then now China lays the blame on the US. I'm pretty sure if the US wants to attack and destroys China, it would be more deadly and hitting Beijing and Shanghai at the same time. To me, it's not the question of whether the virus was from their lab but rather whether it was intentional or not.

If China has nothing to hide, why not let the international community verify. And people probably don't know many scientists have China's money in their pockets. It's not that China is afraid of losing face or fear that the international community sees them through. China's worst fear is the revolt from their own people. And I admit they have done a great job brainwashing the people hate the US. They're in complete control, psychologically and physically. For those who are currently cursing the US for being big brother, you eventually will find out how it is like when China is big brother after the US falls.

There is a lot of hysteria on social media/ media about the virus. I see drama on there then get on another normal day in real life. The contrast is interesting. The drive across state line is smooth because there was no traffic. Some people at Asian supermarkets are wearing masks. I have some masks from way back when but I'm not even using it yet. There's a stigma.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote