View Single Post
Old 2020-03-13, 10:58   Link #48
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Testing is not available. I don't have any clue or guidance as to when testing will be available. This is extremely critical for us to contain this epidemic. Not everyone needs to be tested. Priority is important for those in close contact with seniors and the immunocompromised. The administration has made our lives difficult by painting a false narrative, we don't have kits, we have nowhere to send patients to find out if they have the virus. We don't know if this is in our community and how to protect the vulnerable. We have known for 2 months that this was coming and are still unprepared. Please don't listen to the politicians, I don't have a dog in this fight. Please rely on Dr. Fauci and the leading health professionals.
Please, please, please practice SOCIAL ISOLATION, this is the only way to mitigate this outbreak. Please don't downplay this component. Washing of hands is of the utmost importance. Don't run to the ER or urgent cares or even our office unless you are short of breath. The time to worry for most is in the second week of infection if things don't turn for the better.
Please take time to spend with your families and focus on the positive. Turn off the television as it only adds to everyone's collective anxiety. It is a time to come together.
Words from the medical director (and still practicing) of my family practice clinic I'm precepting at (not currently, students have been suspended from rotations).

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote