View Single Post
Old 2020-03-13, 10:57   Link #47
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Sorry my dude. My mom just told me yesterday that the PI is on lockdown. My gma and two aunts are there right now. One of my aunts is there visiting/vacationing and was supposed to fly back on the Sunday, but that's not gonna happen. Duno what she's going to do about work...
She was supposed to fly on Sunday, but that's not going to happen anymore. Not to mention, there's always the risk of forced quarantine, either on arrival or upon return, so she had to scuttle her own plans.

Dunno about Mactan-Cebu Intl Airport. I know it was on lockdown last month because of the Chinese, but I know I can't redirect my Mom's own flights there and then have her fly to Bacolod Silay.

It's an absolute mess and both the airlines and the embassies were caught off-guard by what really sounds like another of Duterte's cases of brain damage. My mother was cursing at him as she watched him on the television make that rambling announcement, wherein he basically announced that if you have coronavirus, you're basically on your own...unless you're a government official. Forget about testing, it's too expensive...unless, of course, you're a "chosen one" from the gov.