View Single Post
Old 2020-03-12, 18:27   Link #24
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The hospitals where I work at have confirmed COVID cases on isolation. Gonna attend some meetings for case handling and containment as I may be on deck for some radiologic procedures on these patients. Hopefully we're also given exeptions on the local travel ban.
Stay safe at all times, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
As said in another thread, China tried to suppress the reports and keep the numbers low, but they have taken containment efforts seriously, and shared the viral genome information with the world in record time.

Meanwhile the US has voted against an emergency paid leave bill, is behind the curve on testing kits, and seems more concerned with the health of the stock market than slowing infection.

And delegating the issue to Jared Kushner on top of that....

China's response is better.

On another note, I think Japan is also trying to suppress the number of reports because of Olympics 2020
To be honest, I think that Western countries should have absorbed lessons from responses in Taiwan and in Singapore a hell lot earlier than just sitting in wait for China to say something. By the way, Taiwanese labs are doing a lot of work with research and genome decoding as well; they could have sent the information within the same timeframe. I won't fall for whatever attempt from China to whitewash the fact that they (the CCP) also failed hard at their job.

As for the US, voting against an emergency and temporary paid leave bill is about as stupid as it gets. Seriously, all they can shove all concern about the stock market up where the sun does not shine. And **** Jared too.

As for Japan, I hope they look at UEFA and consider postponing to 2021 as a sensible plan B for the Olympics. UEFA already shoved the Euros up to next year.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote