View Single Post
Old 2019-11-02, 16:51   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To the Other Side of the Wall

What's at the end of the dark tunnel?

When all's done and transpired what's in store for us on the road ahead?

Is it hope?, is it despair?, or is it the fear of both the unknown and the uncertain possibilities that the world keeps throwing at us?

That is the crossroads where we either let ourselves get consumed by fear forcing us to back down from the path we've been walking or to drive ourselves at keeping moving forward to an unknown destination.

Whatever choice made and/or end result we won't know until making our minds and staying true to our convictions in order to reach the goal.

However, here comes another question that begs from us to carefully think about. Does the end goal will be worth it for us to invest every fiber of our existence to achieve?
What if the costs and sacrifices incurred gravely offset any benefits that the goal has to offer rendering our struggles futile and self-defeating?
What if another hell awaits us at the end of the journey after going through so much misery and suffering in order to escape from our personal hell?

I pondered those options as I solemnly read the signs of depression that Eren delivered to both Mikasa and Armin while pointing out beyond the sea.

Believe me that the built-up suspense, as the Scouts were approaching the unknown sea for the first time in their lives, left me with powerful emotions such as fear, anxiety, and sorrow filling up my empty stomach.
The emotions that the Scouts felt the moment they reached the shores beyond the walls and contemplating for the first time the sea could not be described or put into the words at what they reached.

And, I empathized with Eren's existential sorrow and dissapointment because all of them naively thought that if they were able to vanquish the Titans then that would have meant securing the keys to break free from the walls and onto freedom. However, Eren remind them all that in exchange they stumbled upon a new and cold reality of their world that there are unseen enemies to the other side of the sea that want the People of the Walls dead.
Unlike the mindless and monstrous Titans, which for a hundred years they were all deceived to believe that have overrun the world, for Eren it bitterly dawns on him that if they want to achieve true freedom for all the inhabitants of Paradis island, then they must have to come to terms to achieve such freedom by whatever means possible even if it means taking the lives and the freedom of the rest of humanity that threatens their right to live.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote