View Single Post
Old 2006-08-05, 15:21   Link #6
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
So this is the name discussion topic then? (I presume so, seen as Nightwish would've locked it otherwise...)

May as well repost what I said in the general topic then:
Well, it could be worse I suppose... really, I don't think it'll harm its sales in any area other than fansub watchers, and calling it by its original name to satisfy us would drive away most of the casual market (the original name because it's too complicated and Japanese, the translation because "lol is this a singing anime?". I don't like it much myself, but I haven't got anything better either.

As for the original name, the most natural translation seems to be "The one you sing of" which is a really fitting title when you find out why it's called that. Unfortunately, that's not right until the end (don't search for it, it's a gigantic spoiler that I regret finding out myself) and you have to wait around that long thinking it's kinda weird before you know.

So, any bets on what they're going to change the name of the 'evil god' to? I can't even spell his name, much less pronounce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
so is the name Utawarerumono gona be changed into 'Shadow Warrior Chronicles' ?
For the US R1 release, yes.