View Single Post
Old 2019-10-03, 15:04   Link #93
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This goes both ways. The police are the enforcing arm of the Chinese government which includes the bill as well. It is highly hypocritical to be against the bill while indirectly praising the police for their disciplined violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
My original question remains unanswered, and for reference, police have shot folks in my area for wielding a weapon – back in August, a person armed with a baseball bat was shot after making threats and not standing down, and in June, a woman who discharged pepper spray at an officer was killed.
Using excessive gun use to defend other instances of excessive force isn't exactly the smartest argument.

And since you are inevitably going to take it this way, no I don't suggest to let the rioters run amok but I also don't think using a shotgun on them is anywhere close to an appropriate response. Let's not falsely equate violent protesters to violent police. This is the way the police chose to play and it should not be surprising that the protesters aren't simply going to roll over and accept it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote