View Single Post
Old 2019-09-05, 22:40   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally got to see it (just didn't have the time or money when it was in theaters) and it was good. I do think the human side was once again the weaker element. All the more so since I'm not sure the story knew what to do with them sometimes. The 'mother' of the movie was a crazy eco-terrorist. And yet the movie was trying to create an "oh no" reaction when she was ready to sacrifice herself and even gave her one of the last big lines of the movie. The creators know she was the villain right? Things spiraled out of control more than expected, but her plan was still to unleash a bunch of monsters and have them kill billions of people.

The monsters were great. Ghidorah was cool and did some nice work in this movie. When the movie could stay on the monsters it was a ton of fun. We got some great action, visuals, and entertainment value. It was a lot better than the previous Legendary Godzilla movie. And they did a pretty decent job balancing the various creatures.

Too bad it didn't do as well financially. But it had some good moments and I enjoyed it as a whole.