View Single Post
Old 2019-08-23, 16:20   Link #30
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
As usual you want to take the sledgehammer to bash the symptom rather than the cause as if that were an actual solution. Your idea is nothing more than carpet bombing that would only lead to an increasingly distrusting country, hurting many more innocents than those who are actually guilty.
It's interesting how sometimes those that go around proclaiming themselves as the biggest heroes of an ideology that supposedly care about democracy, liberty and so on share views that have more in common with totalist ideologies. Don't share my view? Jail them! Deport them! Just misses the Kill them! to make the trifecta complete.

And I'm amusing myself at how delusional people can get when their view is coloured by radicalism. Cracks everywhere in Mainland China? Somebody apparently understands nothing. The Hong Kong protesters can't even get a majority of Mainlanders living in Hong Kong onto their side. The more radical they get, the less chance they have of getting Mainlanders understanding. They are currently in the nationalist phase of nation building. Democracy, human rights etc are insignificant in Mainland China after the Communist Party delivered unprecedented growth in prosperity over the last 40 years. The CCP is in a far more stable situation than the CPSU in 1989.