View Single Post
Old 2019-08-18, 05:18   Link #11
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Don't you think the people in Hong Kong already know that? Israel has been getting stick for years for sending troops to commit massacres, and that has only reinforced a worldwide pro-Palestine sentiment along with a freezing of several Western countries' relations with Israel. Besides, Palestinians have been quite resilient despite all the deprivations. My point is that people here are severely underestimating Hong Kongers.
Ah, and which countries are you talking about? Support for Israel is still as strong as ever. Although I think it's quite weird that you try to use an Israel / Palestine comparison.

Quote:
One topic that has not ben debated much here is the crap that pro-Beijing students are doing against pro-Hong Kong protestors in Australia. Would you be happy if those pro-Beijing troublemakers get the boot? I would because they are abusing a foreign democratic system to promote a dictatorship; and that is not saying that they have breached the terms of their student visas. In any case, there will be a pro-Hong Kong demonstration in my home city later today. Those red bastards better not stand in the way.
That's quite a dictatorial view you have. Protests and demonstrations that are within my views? Good. Protests and demonstrations that are against my views? Ship those bastards out.

Quote:
If the PLA intervenes, it won't take long until the European Union cuts ties with Beijing-related businesses. They have been gearing up in recent years with better tools and countermeasures than the US did with the shadow of a political/trade war with China. If the CCP wants to do something that will justify outside actions that would actually hurt Mainland China, I wish them all the pleasure.
You overestimate the European Union. In the case of China the EU is no longer speaking with an unified voice with countries like Italy or Greece joining the Belt-and-Road project. Unless there is a massacre of unthinkable proportions the EU won't be able to cut ties with China lest it wants to risk tearing the union further apart.

Last edited by Kakurin; 2019-08-18 at 05:33.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote