View Single Post
Old 2019-08-18, 00:04   Link #10
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
1) Lack of leadership, which makes it hard for the administration - even if they were willing - to negotiate. They don't have a contact person and if there were one they can't negotiate with people of whom they don't know if they represent even a majority of the people on the streets out there.
The last time a leader was the head/contact person of a movement that goes against Beijing, he got jailed as well as the co-leaders were. His name is Joshua Wong. Don't blame them for not wanting to talk to anybody after what they went through.

And like I pointed out yesterday, Carrie Lam is nothing but some useless Muppet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
2) Lack of pragmatism. With each passing day a PLA intervention is edging closer. And once the PLA intervenes they can not only forget about any of their demands, no matter whether it's things already (practically) achieved such as the scrapping of the extradition bill or democratization, they can also say goodbye to the freedoms they (still) possess under the one-country-two-systems principle, no matter how much the edges have been frayed in the past decades. Furthermore, the instabilities brought about by a PLA intervention will pull the rug from Hong Kong's economy, which will worsen some of the conditions that are part of the reason why so many are going to the streets now.

The people on the streets need to realize that Beijing does not want to send the PLA in.
If the PLA intervenes, it won't take long until the European Union cuts ties with Beijing-related businesses. They have been gearing up in recent years with better tools and countermeasures than the US did with the shadow of a political/trade war with China. If the CCP wants to do something that will justify outside actions that would actually hurt Mainland China, I wish them all the pleasure.

Don't you think the people in Hong Kong already know that? Israel has been getting stick for years for sending troops to commit massacres, and that has only reinforced a worldwide pro-Palestine sentiment along with a freezing of several Western countries' relations with Israel. Besides, Palestinians have been quite resilient despite all the deprivations. My point is that people here are severely underestimating Hong Kongers.

One topic that has not ben debated much here is the crap that pro-Beijing students are doing against pro-Hong Kong protestors in Australia. Would you be happy if those pro-Beijing troublemakers get the boot? I would because they are abusing a foreign democratic system to promote a dictatorship; and that is not saying that they have breached the terms of their student visas. In any case, there will be a pro-Hong Kong demonstration in my home city later today. Those red bastards better not stand in the way.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-08-18 at 02:29.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote