View Single Post
Old 2019-07-25, 02:28   Link #923
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, thanks a lot for the link! The movie review & Tomino's interviews are a good read.

Reading the article, I gotta say it's a good change of pace seeing someone who unapologetically loves G-Reco as much as that Nekketsu Nikki blogger does. I like that he can actually go into details of characters and plot-points to explain what the movie did differently. His cover on Tomino's Q&A session is also very informative and a joy to read. However, as delightful as his article is, his bias for G-Reco is showing as he already considered the TV series a great show and the movie nothing short of a masterpiece. It's quite hard for me to agree with that aside from G-Reco's technical achievements.

However, the NN blogger did make an interesting point when he said that the English-sub for G-Reco was too literal and considerably inferior compared to the French-sub (as he is French). Could this be a case where a "too literal"-sub ruins the whole show? Is a better English-sub truly what G-Reco needs to elevate it from a bad show to a good show? I don't know if it's true. We might need a French member who've watched G-Reco to crosscheck this.