Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Lord El Melloi II Case Files - Anime Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2019-07-07, 20:55   Link #45
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think he should feel responsible for his death though. As he mentioned himself, Kayneth would have most likely ended up dying even if he had summoned Iskandar. And no matter how great a mage and teacher he was, he was still a total dick.
You know it and I know it but not Waver and the doubt is plausible in-verse, after all Kayneth was a Lord and a pretty good magi, a dick regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found it interesting that people believe Kayneth was killed by Saber. This will probably be relevant.
Errr, Saber KILLED Kayneth. Context matters yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That was a pretty good start. While I get why Waver wants to honor Kayneth, he really shouldn't blame himself for Kayneth's death. Kayneth knew what he was getting himself involved in and it's not like he would have hesitated to screw over Waver if their situations were reversed.
You know it and I know it but not Waver and the doubt is plausible in-verse, after all Kayneth was a Lord and a pretty good magi, a dick regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
One thing I forgot to mention though: When Waver and his friend were driving off into the sunset in the motorcycle, they started laughing like they had some kind of grand adventure...which seemed kinda odd considering they just killed a load of people...
Magi

Waver is not in the same level of thiking that, errr a dude that gives his second daughter to an obviously suspect old gazer, but is a Magi regardless, weird as himself between them for NOT being...you know, like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I assume its only purpose is to make Waver further detest Arturia than he already does (after she tried to kill him on the overpass that cost Iskander his chariot).
Also almost eat Excalibur probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
While Waver wouldn't know how badly Diarmuid screwed over Kayneth's plans, he definitely did super screw him over with his knightly honor and curse mark. That said, Iskander likely wouldn't have been having any of Kayneth's nonsense either, so he definitely was screwed either way. But Waver probably felt that if HE could survive with Iskander, Kayneth would too even if he'd lose. It's wrong, but this is Waver.
You know it and I know it but not Waver and the doubt is plausible in-verse, after all Kayneth was a Lord and a such good magi, a dick regardless.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote