View Single Post
Old 2019-07-01, 23:17   Link #11
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Feels a lot like the final episode even though we know the story is continuing and s4 has been announced.

I had no idea that we would be taken on this ride when this was first announced back in 2013. I knew it was already popular, but I had no idea if there was a solid story to it or just your usual hype for a series with really good shonen action scenes. It definitely lost its steam after those "riding through the forest" episodes in s1, the hiatus between seasons and the politics episodes, but when it's back on air the quality never really faltered and you never felt that there were years long wait between seasons.

For me though I definitely came to watch this for the unique scenes when they're fighting titans, then stayed for the superbly written story that I hope will wrap up satisfactorily in the last season.

This 10 episode arc though is the best 10 episodes of anime I've watched this decade, slightly edging out Gintama's silver soul arc. The way the fight against 4 intelligent titans was handled, they way they believably won, the very satisfying basement reveal and the story that followed about the entire world's origins which felt like I was watching another series entirely were just done beautifully.

I'm one of those people that are disappointed that there aren't more people around to discuss this now that the entire series had reached its climax, but then again I don't really care about other people lol. I know of people IRL who were all hyped up for s1 and when I tell them about s3 part 2 they're like "oh that's still airing?". I guess that's just me being biased because I really like this series.

Eh I'll stop now I typed out too many words again.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote