View Single Post
Old 2019-06-30, 17:32   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Umi da! Where are the swimsuits?!
Lol, if I saw swimsuits in a medieval fantasy setting like this I'd rage harder than Eren.

Though speaking of Eren, I'm amazed at how utterly changed he is though it's not surprising given the things he's seen within his own mind. And I love how the story showed Eren's response to that Titan who couldn't move anymore. I could easily imagine the old Eren eager to attack, but this Eren treated it with compassion instead. It's the kinda thing that made me admire Tanjiro from Demon Slayer so it's great to see Eren make such a turn. That said, what he said at the end about killing all the Marleyans was foreboding as fuck. I wonder if he seriously thinks that's the only solution: The way he said it sound so emotionally torn as if the thought disgusted him though. I really felt his despair though: imagine going through all that hell for the last couple of years, with one of the few things keeping you together is the belief that it will all be over if you can get to the sea. And then you realise there's an even more complicated hell beyond the sea...

More than anything I'm glad to see more seasons announced. It's always been my fear that we'd have to wait another 5 years but it looks like Studio Wit is committed to animating this story in full and I couldn't be happier because this honestly has been a great show. The writing hasn't been perfect but it has been exceptionally good and the directing and animation is just terrific. I wonder if Araki gets enough recognition for how good this show is.

Last edited by Haak; 2019-06-30 at 17:45.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote