View Single Post
Old 2019-06-26, 22:16   Link #15
Frontier

I thought this was a pretty solid finale to the series. I've enjoyed Shield Hero all the way through and am a little sad to see it go, but I'm glad it got to go out on a positive note for Naofumi and friends. I would definitely not mind seeing their further adventures together .

So the "Vassal Wielder" is the equivalent to the Cardinal Heroes in Glass/L'arc, and Theres's world? I wonder what else is the same. Four Heroes all taken from different versions of Japan? Although it seems like Glass's village is actually based around ancient Japan .

I guess it is an interesting clash of wills between Naofumi and Glass. Glass is wholly devoted to saving her world and the people in it while Naofumi still has to focus on his companions to find a reason to defend Melromarc. I guess after all he's gone through it would be impossible for Naofumi to wholly love the world he has to defend, but it looks like he's trying to fix that by carving a life for himself in Raphtalia's village and starting from scratch .

Can't say I saw them beating Glass by getting her drunk, essentially .

Thing still end on an ominous note as the Wave ends and the other Heroes return to their world, promising for yet another fight in the future and likely with the rest of the Vassal Wielders in tow. Fighting them and perpetuating this conflict doesn't seem like it'll solve anything, and I don't know if Naofumi has it in him to kill them either, so I think their only recourse is finding some way to stop the Waves without destroying the other world .

Man, poor Lecia. Her Party and almost everyone else treats her like a doormat and then she gets framed for something she didn't do just because she accomplished something on her own. Thankfully Naofumi was there to pick her up and help someone in an eerily similar position to his at the start of the story. And now he finally has a companion who is not a loli or has never been a loli .

The three other Heroes pretty much end the season how they started it. Itsuki's still a self-righteous "savior," Ren is trying to get stronger, and Motoyasu ignores his harem in favor of spending more time with his precious Filo-chan. Well, okay, maybe Motoyasu is more open to Naofumi now but that's not saying much. It kind of makes you wonder if there was any point to what they've all went through together .

So...the queen or her vassals worked with the slave trader to assist Naofumi? And they're helping him with his business? I don't know how I feel about this .

What's Scum up to this time? At least his wife is there to keep an eye on him .

Naofumi re-building Raphtalia's village and taking it over was a nice touch, and it was cool seeing all his allies in Melromarc join him there (except the dressmaker? Or did I miss her ?) .

It was good to see Raphtalia's issues with Naofumi leaving coming to a head, since that's been building up for a while now, leading to Naofumi re-committing himself to the world he's in now. It was just good to see the show end on a strong note for Naofumi and Raphtalia even if the romantic prospects for their relationship is still unclear aside from Naofumi getting embarrassed at being caught in close proximity to Raphtalia's face .